This all natural woven basket is ideal for any room in your home. Mix and match them with other woven baskets and accent furniture for the perfect style addition to a corner of your bedroom, bathroom, home office, or living room. These intricate designs will surely leave a lasting impression in your home decoration.
Their natural look will add a globally conscious and effortless look to your home.
These delicately textured and woven baskets were made by groups of women across Ghana in an ethical, fair trade environment. They hand weave raffia to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
The material used for weaving in Bolgatanga is elephant grass, this grass is only available in the southern part of Ghana, Kumasi to be precise. The grasses are harvested and dried up, a process that might take up to three (3) days. It is then tied together in big bundles and transported to the Bolga markets. This is where most of the weavers buy their raw materials. The straw grass is further processed before weaving begins.
- Approximately 17” W x 16” H
- Fair Trade
- Made in Ghana
- Products are made from Elephant Grass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the grass
- profile weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Ghana, this one-of-a-kind piece takes a day to complete.
- To clean or re-shape your basket, simply wet it with cool water, shape it as needed, and allow it to air dry.
- The basket should be watered once a year to hydrate the straw and keep it supple.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- If used with live plants, be sure to have a liner placed inside to catch any water.
- Just to be safe, please remove your plants when you water to avoid moisture build-up and molding as well as any dye from bleeding.
This Company creates employment for 3600 Artisans from Rwanda, Uganda, and Ghana. Increasing their earnings by 5x and impacting more than 19,000 family members and 100,000 community members. They are equipping and empowering women and men to succeed beyond their biggest dreams. Now, these women and men send their kids to school without traditional aid, through their own hard work.
- Fair Trade